18 October 2007

Third time is a charm!

Today I visited the same refrigerator 3 times. From Rochester to Macedon back and forth, it seems I drove half the day. First I arrived to repair the stove, and was asked to look at the refrigerator, so I obliged. I replaced a defective part on the ice maker, was paid for the service, then continued my day. Hours later I was called by the customer claiming the water was leaking from behind the refrigerator. So I travelled back and discovered a leak on the water valve connection. The valve slolenoid was defective also, so I replaced it too. In order to expedite my visit, I tested the ice maker by switching the solenoid plugs. Well, I moved the refrigerator back to its' resting place, then left. Shortly thereafter I was called again. The complaint was that the dispenser was not working. As the kindly woman was describing her problem my mind wandered into my memory bank and I said, "I'll be right over, put the icemaker arm up and do not use the water dispenser." I had not put the connections back on the correct solenoid. The customer was happy that the problems were over, and so was I. I have such willing participants in my daily attempt of making the best of my time.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I figured I would just put a comment on here, so that you knew someone was reading...

Didn't want you getting all depressed.

Anonymous said...

That was really boring (hehe) - K

Toma said...

i am so happy now!