20 November 2007

Long Dry TIme?

Yesterday I encountered an old friend; let me tell you about him. He is a soft and sometimes fluffy, but dangerous if left unattended. He does not come on his own, for he is invited almost daily to stay with us. When he comes to stay he makes the time seem to linger on and on, and will not leave on his own. Then he invites some of his own kind to stay too. He is the kind of person that hides right out in the open sometimes, and other times his retreat is holed up deep inside. When enough is enough I must gather myself and finally say it is time to go my friend, Mr. Lint.

You see lint is an unsuspecting guest in our dryer vents. Even though we clean out that lint filter every time we use the dryer, some still gets past the filter and ends up clogging the vent system. Many times right at the end of the system and often times throughout the whole thing.

I came across two cases yesterday that involved two different dryers, two different houses, similar complaint, but the same diagnosis. Clean out the vent on the outside of the house. Especially if you have a bird/squirrel guard on it.

Save time by getting your laundry done in half the time, or the ammount of time it used to take. Save energy by running the dryer less time thus using less energy. Be thankful, and stop waiting for the laundry to get done.

Proverbs 20:22 ¶ Say not thou, I will recompense evil; but wait on the LORD, and he shall save thee.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love you

Janice said...

(Remind me not to comment anonymously on here!)

So did you check my vent when you were here?!?!?!

Janice said...

Hello...? Is anyone home?